Combating your fears
Group fitness classes are the ideal way to stay fit and healthy. So much can be said for the benefits of joining a fitness class. Group fitness classes are by far the most popular form of exercise, but for many people, a group fitness class can also be intimidating.
Group Fitness Class
Group fitness is a craze that is sweeping across the country. These classes are for anyone and everyone, even you! Well + Fit offers several different group fitness classes, such as our 45 Minute Cycle or 75 Minute Cycle classes, or even our personal training group sessions.
Feeling the group’s energy will help you to stay focused and energized as you workout; it really is an amazing feeling to participate in a group exercise setting.
Decide what your fitness goals are and let that guide you to a class. Don’t be afraid to try a few of them out and see which one works best for you.
Dealing With Fear
The most common type of fear is the fear of the unknown. When we allow our fears to control us it can prevent us from experiencing new things and from growing in unique ways. Fear can also keep people from being proactive in their fitness goals and staying away from exercises classes.
Fear not! Keep reading to learn some of the most effective ways to chase your fears away.
Tips To Combat Your Fears
You’re not the only one that feels intimidated, many people feel the same way. Everyone in that fitness class was once a first-time student. Most likely there will be other first-timers in the class with you.
- The first time is always the hardest. Once you walk through the door into the class, the hardest part will be over.
- Take a friend with you to class. Having someone to keep you company can do wonders to help alleviate that feeling of fear.
- Don’t worry about what others think. Everyone is there to workout and is more focused on themselves than anyone else. You might be surprised at how many are worried about what you think of them.
- Have fun! Make your experience fun and enjoyable. After the class begins you will be too involved in having fun to remember being scared. Remember that if the classes were not fun people would not go to them. That means that you are very likely to enjoy yourself too!
- Focus on your goals. To reach your fitness goals a group fitness class is the way to go. Stay focused on what your fitness goals are and let everything else go.
- Get to know the people in your class. The more people you know in the class the more fun the class can be and the less intimidating it will become.
- Talk to the instructor before the class starts. They can put your mind at ease and give you some tips so that you will not feel so out of place. Your teacher is a trained professional that is there to help you.
Don’t let fear keep you from participating in improving your health and fitness, and remember that not only will you get the chance to be healthier, you will also conquer your fear, which is one of the most gratifying feelings in the world.
Russell Hart is the founder of the Health, Fitness & Sport Club, a website devoted to the promotion of health, fitness, and wellness. The site encompasses a wide variety of health and fitness activities. You can also visit any of the HF & S Club’s four Stores.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9073610